delivered March 18th, 2018 by Lori Brown
- Key Scripture:John 12:20-33
- Something has to die in us for us to really live.
- We need to let go our our “ego” because Ego = Easing God Out.
- Romans 8:29
- Gentiles were not allowed into the Temple’s inner courts
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead
- John 11
- John 12:22-24
- 1 Peter 1:23
- Seeds need to die to create more life
- Death is NOT THE END of the story!
- Try to bring a bit more of Jesus’ guidance into each day
- John 12:25-26
- Our old self must die
- Our old life actually brings death
- Dying to Self = surrendering our will to God’s will
- Matthew 28:18-20
- The Great Commission means we need to invite people more regularly
- Hebrews 13:8
- John 12:27-33
- If it was hard for Jesus, why do we expect that it won’t be hard for us?
- How is God asking me to die to myself today so He can live through me?