delivered February 11th, 2018 by Lori Brown
- Key Scripture: Proverbs 3:1-6
- A proverb is a truth condensed into a few words stated in a memorable fashion with application to a variety of situations in life.
- Torah = first five books of the Old Testament (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy). Also means “teaching”
- There is a difference between knowing Scripture and having it in our heart
- Chesed is the kind of love that’s “in it for the long haul”
- In whom or what do YOU trust”
- Anywhere outside God’s circle of trust is on sinking sand
- 1 Corinthians 13:12
- We should trust in the LORD because the same power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in us
- Genesis 1:28
- Jesus becomes our LORD and we submit control to Him
- Conquering the Game of Control book by Pastor Craig Green says that when we are controlling others by dominating, intimidating and manipulating, it is a sure sign we ar not trusting the LORD with all our heart.
- 1 Peter 5:7
- It’s ok to use your understanding; just don’t lean on it.