delivered January 7th, 2018 by Lori Brown
- Key Scripture: 2 Cor 13:5
- Luke 6:41
- You spot it, you got it.
- When we point at someone else, we’ve got 4 fingers pointing back at us.
- When we examine ourselves, we see why we’re hurting in the first place.
- Contrary to common sense, self-examination shouldn’t be done by yourself. It’s meant to be done along with God.
- Psalm 11:4 God is already examining us.
- Proverbs 5:21 God examines our hearts and watches our paths.
- Spiritual Drift is a alow fade away from our faith and from God.
- Are you spiritually:
- Falling away?
- How are you doing in your relationship with God and Jesus?
- In Lamentations 3:40 Jeremiah predicted, warned and watched when Israel fell away from God
- Spiritual self-examination is biblical
- Revelation 2 – Church of Ephesus
- 2 Cor 13:5 Living in the faith. Jesus is IN YOU
- When was the last time we KNEW we were in Christ?
- Allow Jesus to help us in our weakness
- Wesley’s 22 Questions
- Secrets keep us bound. We’re only as sick as our secrets.
- James 5:16
- The light takes the power of the stronghold of the enemy away.
- How do you spend your spare time?
- Hebrews 12:1-3