delivered March 25th, 2018 by Lori Brown
- Key Scripture:John 11:55-57, John 12:9-16
- John 12:9-11
- Preparation for the Passover in Jerusalem
- Was Jesus going to show up?
- When people heard Jesus was in Bethany, they left Jerusalem and went to visit Bethany.
- Nobody had ever healed a person born blind or raised a person dead 4 days
- Zechariah 9:9
- They greeted Jesus with shouts of “הוֹשִׁיעַ” (“Hosanna!”) as He is riding in on a donkey, a sign of peace
- A donkey is a sign of peace; a horse is a sign of war
- Psalm 113-118
- John 12:14-15
- Jesus was NOT crowned king
- Jesus knew he was going to die, yet He continued to pour into His disciples
- Betrayal came from His inner circle
- John 13:34-35
- We will do even more than He did
- We will have troubles, but Jesus has overcome the world!
make up the Hallel (meaning “praise”, a portion of the service for certain Jewish festivals). Yah is the Hebrew prefix of God’s name. Hallelu-Yah (or “Hallelujah”) means “Praise God”.