delivered January 21st, 2018 by Lori Brown
- Key Scripture: Malachi 1:6-8 and Malachi 3:6-12
- Genesis 14:18-20
- Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth without being asked
- Leviticus 27:30-33
- Tithing is biblical
- We’re giving back just a small portion of what’s already God’s.
- Psalm 89:11
- We give back out of our love for God
- 1 Corinthians 10:26
- Psalm 24:1
- Tithes are a tenth. Anything above and beyond that are offerings.
- Genesis 4 is the first biblical reference to offerings
- Genesis 4:2-5
- Proverbs 3:9 refers to first fruits, not eventual fruits
- Ezra and Nehemiah speak about the restoration of Israel
- Malachi 1: The priests allowed people to bring poor, blemished and lame animals to God
- Malachi 3
- Tithing is for the ministries of Moore’s Chapel and the Church at large
- God says, “Test me!” This is the only place in scripture that God tells us this
- We experience freedom by being able to trust God.
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
- We are a generous church. The purpose of tithing is to change the giver